seiko modster the looks

Why wear the same watch as everyone else?

Yes, we may have the same case, but what about dials and hands?
I intend to mod my seiko black monster:
I like the watch n its lume. But it is just very cluttered together. If I had to choose, the chapter ring is the one that irks me the most.

So starts the journey to clean up my dial. The parts don't come cheap, hands are going for USD26-28 a set. dials go up to USD30 a piece.

My criterias are: simple and lume monster.
Browsing through most of what is out there this seems to be the most common modded, people mod the finishes too, bead blasting it, but it costs the price of another watch, so I'd rather not. I digress, other people's monsters:


This seems to be the most commonly modded end-result, Sinn or B&R? Pictures pulled of Yobokies or backwards of Seikoboy. From HK, he is one of the most popular go to guy for modding of seiko watches.
I don't dig this look, as it defeats my purpose of modding if everyone has it too.


Another popular mod is this snow monster mod. I think this should be a standard production model. It's just nice and simple. This guy painted the bezel and titanium blasted his casing as well, the cost I assume is the price of 3 monsters.


Check out the sick lume on this guy's bezel


I may be a fan of clean look but this look is just too clean and stealthy and I've seen a vid of a similar one running against a dull gray dial and its just empty looking. But I might end up doing this and just change hands to tribute to various watches.


a nice looking version of the Sinn dial with another set of hands.

I saw that yobokies has a sandwich dial hands that gives the Panerai base look.

This is just clean and simple. Abit in the direction of a submerisble with its bezel and thicker casing.

I would very much like to have  a watch of similar cleanliness and simplicity. Rugged yet minimalist.

MORE TO COME.

1 comment: