Meteor landing

 the work Patterson did as a graduate under his adviser Harrison Brown to provide an accurate count of lead in zircon particles from Meteor Crater, and to work with similar results being collected by George Tilton on uranium counts; with the established half-life of uranium's radioactive decay to lead, this would be used to estimate the age of the Earth.

This is how I think the story of this watch came to be. Other brands use sunken boat steel or homogeneous floor tile materials to make, but my fantasy was that this watch fell from the sky. (Please note that what this is, is not facts, but my made up fantasy and complete satire, so it cannot be used in court against me because I've typed it out here that you can't. Seriously, I do not study law, I don't know if you can or cannot, but please don't.)

As I was saying (satirically, stop thinking about law), that meteor crashed onto earth, broke into 100 pieces or so worth of small blocks.

This watch was released after going through a long and arduous journey, especially for the owners of Gruppo Gamma Watch Company. This watch was released for pre-order at 100 pieces only. (To my understanding the brand is very firm on its production numbers and will not allow any out of range pieces to be released)

My piece is #015. (I saw 14 and 89 was taken, so no special numbers remains for me and I just took which ever number available)
stock photos

collection day photo

The watch's finishing and pencil lead coloured PVD coating is amazing.
Quick specifications of this watch:
Pencil-lead/slate/gun-metal grey coated stainless steel casing and buckle and buckle tongue (thats what I call it).
Sapphire crystal (suspect there is AR coating on the underside)
Solid case back with the company logo engraved
200m water resistant
Suede like brown strap about 4mm - 5mm thick.

I'm going to just look at my watch now. Will be posting a full review some days from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment