Excesive

I like the look of nato/zulu straps, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to fit me.

strap is toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long
watch is elevated from wrist (bad for heavy watches)
have a hard time staying on the wrist position and tends to ride up, nerdifying me
Nylon is not the softest material on my gentle milky fair baby-like skin
with the strap being so thin, thick buckles will dig into your wrist and slit it and maybe kill you

But I still wear one once in a while because it is tough, and we know the watches stay and they can look good and feel comfortable.

Strap ideas these days

Female colleagues have been commenting that the blue red on the fortis is very nice and refuse to believe that it is less than S$10 from qoo10.com.sg

The leather zulu was bought today from visiting K2 at S$18. feels very very soft and is abit thick still. Considering removing the under strap to make it more wearable and trimming the wretched long ends.

Look at that excess space, strap makers, don't assume everyone interested in your strap has a >7 inch wrist. There are skinny people who love watches and stuff too.

And also, if you have got to make it so long, do not punch so much holes, skinny me, has never ever used the first 5 - 8 holes the buckle passes by. In fact I always have to have an extra hole or 2 punched in non-proportionate part of strap.

There has to be small wrist people like me. If there is sized 22 waist pants, there has to be shorter straps!

No comments:

Post a Comment