long: SNZH57J1 review + homage pictures

At the end of it, we just wanna make ourselves happy with our pleasures, vices and things. Its not about how much you pay for the watch (although I'll be happier if I had a pam not because of price but because of want).

Here's a watch that pretty much roll these things together to create a not unique but very very nice watch I had the pleasure of wearing.

There are alot of reviews for this watch, here's one for the blue that is really comprehensive.
Seiko SNZH53 review by worn and wound

"and all around these golden beacons
i see nothing but black"
- Sam Sparro - Black and Gold

From the perspective of a Singapore skinny guy with thin wrist, here's my take on top of what is being reviewed. If you like great gatsby, this watch dial has that feel when it reflects the gold off the sun.

This watch is 42mm, supposedly the perfect size, the watch is nice but it could use a bigger dial and bezel. Or maybe the lugs are too big. Other than that, the thickness, dimensions all in all works out fine. Even the weight is a comfort for me, coming from wearing monsters with bracelets, pam homages.

The bracelet is light and not exactly my thing as the deployant buckle jut out a lot since I wear it short and tight.

As nice as a watch is, the lume is still a very vital point, to me.

The 12 o'clock marking has a narrow dash rather than a dot compared to the rest. During the day, it is nice and all with the gold, but at night, it just doesn't make the cut. At times, natural lighting can only excite them lumes in the hands only.

Strapping on a Paros leather strap, its very comfortable with a thin tang buckle I recycled from a nato strap.

Apart from leather, this watch also goes very well with a military styled nato strap.

Nonetheless, reason I got this watch is not to pretend vintage. I got this watch to mod it to fifty fathoms. And mod did I.
Lighting provided by iPhone screen

I wasn't half expecting the dial to reach me so quickly, I ordered on 16th Aug and was hoping it to arrive in 2 weeks or 3. But on the 18th the dial was delivered and arrived on Fri 23rd Aug.

A trip to Paya Lebar after settling some stuff in Adjunied, I was at K2, at that time, Mr Goh (owner), was fixing up the mod to a Silver based fifty five fathoms. According to him, an Ang mog (stands for caucasian where I'm from), modded this, it includes new the dial (assuming yobokies) and the Blancpain styled hands.

My turn as I handed my dial and watch to Mr Goh. In less than 3 mins it was done.

Modding watches has a issue, that is the dial and the hands do not have matching lume. Although consolation would be to have the hands be brighter than the dial. Lucky for me, this watch I suppose is Seiko's equivalent of a C1 lume (monster has the C3 equivalent, lumibrite).

Lucky for me, this one is not that bright and matches nicely.




I like this pict alot. Found this great angle by chance. More of such picts to follow for upcoming watches.

I doubt I'll be getting the lumed bezel because it is in C3 lume which is incompatible, also it is very far from the dial, there is a weird circle of black between the dial edge and the inner edge of the bezel. Lastly, It is USD45 incl shipping. WTH right?

The watch currently is on a dark brown leather the buckle is from a nato strap of G market and it has quite a nice vintage diver look to it, yes?

The all important lume shot

shots

No comments:

Post a Comment