marlin

The prodigal son returns in a form of a replacement.

Earlier on, I tinkered on the casio mdv-106 to try to achieve a cleaner dial than it looks. The attempt spiraled downhill and was pretty upsetting for me, although I did learn how to remove a movement from the dial now.

The thing is, this watch is very hard to find in shops in sunny Singapore. And mostly the ones selling had silver/white faces which is something I do not like at all. The search never stops though.

Thankfully, yesterday at Twinkle, lvl 2, People'sPark complex, I found this watch and managed to bargain it to $70 a piece. Cheap and good deal I'd say (not that good factoring the costs of the previous watch combined, economics).

Stripped down looks, this watch has a WR of 200M, and...its a divers watch. For S$70? U get a divers watch on miyota quartz movement? YES YOU CAN!

People are wondering why not amazon or ebay? The traditional guy in me thinks that buying from shops is an added guarantee and its less troublesome, plus it contributes to my economy. This watch came in a resin rubber strap ala G-shocks (I have 3, should review them some day). And since I have another one from the old set, I decided to cut this one short of its excess strap. I kinda regretted when the strap was snipped off and I does look abit unsightly, but, it does what it does and will be my diving strap, if not nato as seen above. I wanna get a leather strap for it too as it is my second skin. So we'll see...lengthy review coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment